Monday, September 1, 2008

Life is like a box full of chocolates

After the Dark Knight, I hardly find any movie that I really enjoy in cinema...standing in front of GSC counter, staring on the screene with various "now showing" movies... It doesn't stimulate my appetite anyway....so, I choose to watch movies "retrospectively"...which means I'm watching old movies from....well, nowaday, you can download anything from the internet. Pirated...but not my fault because I'm born in this decade where I can hardly find a movie that suit my appetite. And, don't be shock when I tell you that I'm downloading movies like "Titanic", "Speed", "Gladiator", "Band of Brothers (an old series)"...and (here come my most unbelievable part) "Casablanca".

And in this little post, I'm going to write about one of Tom Hanks' movies -- "Forrest Gump". (And yes, I just watched it couple hours ago)

Well, I watched that on TV3 once...when I was too littele to appreciate it and ended fall sleep on couch when the show ended. As I'm gettin more mature now (at least I think), I think it worth to win the Oscar indeed. It is one of the greatest movies of all time...and it's about too many things that every moment scene in the movie has its own meaning...which I feel strongly part of that, but confusing of the other because I'm not familiar with US history.

Hm...the part of the movie that pushed me deep into though is last part of Forrest's narration about he's running. He ran for no reason. It started with one day when he felt like he wana run, he ran; when he felt tired of running after 3 years 2 months 14 days, he went home to Alabama. Simple. He lead a simple life...and, though his love one has a complicated life, love simply. He ran for sake of running, and he loved for sake of loving; and the most important part, he did for no particular reason (He even went to war for sake of....maybe because war?)

How life can be so simple...and yet contended if we just do things for sake of doing it? I wish I can...and I'll learn. If we can do things that we are destinied to do...we don't need reason. Why don't live for just sake of living? And life will be hell lots easier.

Life is like a box full of chocolates, you never know what you'll get.

No comments: